- Boat delivery site: At our offices: Calle Moll de Llevant num 325. Marina Mahón” Reservoir A
- Rental schedules: The boats will be delivered from 9.30 am and returned at 7.00 pm at the base port of Mahón; in day rentals.
- If the tenant wishes to return later than the established time, it is possible, accepting the conditions and paying the corresponding supplement, 50 € / hour without ever exceeding 22h.
- The time of return is understood to be the time at which the vessel is already back at its mooring.
- If 24 hours have elapsed since the scheduled time of return without the return having taken place, and if there is no news of the lessee, crew or vessel, the lessor shall initiate the search by notifying the maritime authorities as required. All expenses arising therefrom shall be borne by the lessee.
They are included in the price of this contract:
- Mooring at home port (Port of Mahón).
- Final cleaning of the boat. (Boat excessively dirty due to negligence, extra 50€/h)
Not included are the costs of:
- Fuel (the boat is delivered full and returned full, *see conditions).
- Optional extras that the client wants to rent (snorkeling, paddle surfing, etc.).
- Moorings in other ports or marinas.
- Material and maintenance expenses of the boat during the lease.
- To confirm a reservation, the lessee shall pay 50% at the time of rental (reservation) of the boatand the remaining 50% the sameday before boarding. No reservation is considered firm until payment has been made.
- Payments can be made by credit card, cash or bank transfer.
- The boat will be delivered with a full tank of fuel and the customer will return it full again; otherwise the customer will be billed for the missing liters until the tank is full plus the refueling service charge (60€).
- The gasoline refueling service is 60 €, the customer will be given the option of this service in case he does not want to refuel the same.
- If the reservation is cancelled,at least 15 days in advanceor more, 95% of the total amount of the rental will berefunded, leaving the other 5% for the rental company as administrative expenses (with a fixed minimum of 20€).
- If cancelled within a certain period of time less than 15 days in advance, the value of the reservation delivered to the lessorwill be charged in full, unless the reason for cancellation is justified with a medical report or justified cause in this case the amount of the amounts delivered to the lessor will be refunded.
In case of adverse weather conditions such as bad weather or bad sea, the company will recommend not to go out and not to rent the boat. We will consider adverse conditions and reason for cancellation when the weather report presents the following conditions at the same time:
- Wind similar or higher than 22 knots.
- Wave height: 1,2 meters
- Postpone the date to another day with good conditions, subject to availability.
- Deliver a voucher equivalent to the amount given to the lessor for consumption on another occasion.
- Reimburse the money.
- The client must present his license in advance of the expected date of delivery of the boat: Copy of the title and dni skipper.
- If the documentation presented is not authorized by the government of the vessel or does not accredit the sufficient and necessary technical competence, the contract shall be automatically terminated and the amounts paid to date, as damages, shall be retained by the lessor.
- Rates include comprehensive insurance with excess depending on the model of the boat.
- The amount of damage that may be caused to another vessel, or to the vessel itself, is covered by the insurance from the amount of the deductible.
- The client agrees to pay the deductible in case of damage to the boat.
- The client assumes and is responsible for returning the boat in perfect condition, otherwise the lessee will assume the amount of the repair, replacement or expenses and damages incurred that are not covered by the insurance of the boat.
- On the day of embarkation, the lessee shall deliver to the company the deposit indicated in the particular conditions of each vessel with which he will respond to cancellations, breakdowns, breakages, damages, thefts, delays in the return of the vessel, differences in the inventory and equipment, indemnities, misuse, negligence and penalties of any kind agreed in this contract or that may arise as a consequence of the fulfillment of this contract.
- All this without prejudice to the legal actions that may be appropriate to claim those amounts that exceed the amount of the deposit.
- Once the boat is returned, a “check-out” will be carried out by the rental company to verify that the boat is in the same condition as when it was delivered.
- If the boat is returned on time with the same conditions as it was delivered, without any damage or loss and the fuel tank is full, the deposit will be refunded within 24 hours after the end of the contract.
- If the boat is not returned in the same conditions or as agreed all or part of the deposit will be assigned to Merak Yacht Charter S.L. to cover damages, loss, etc…
- In the event of disagreement between the parties on the conditions of return of the vessel and inventoried goods, the deposit will be returned at the time of termination of the dispute.
- The lessor is not responsible for any damage or loss to passengers’ personal property that may occur during the lease term.
- It is forbidden to exceed the maximum capacity of persons on board for which the boat is approved.
- The lessee must carry on board the appropriate qualifications for the operation of the rented vessel.
- The bathers’ zones must be respected, always anchoring outside the buoys that mark the beaches.
- Respect a distance of 50 meters from a diving boat.
- The practice of water skiing or any trawling activity is prohibited.
- Subcontracting of the vessel is prohibited.
- Please take special care when throwing garbage into the sea or on the beaches.
- Special attention in the anchorages, IT IS FORBIDDEN TO FOUND OVER Totally protected species.
- We kindly ask that the boats return as clean as possible so that a large consumption of water is not necessary for cleaning.
The Lessee undertakes to immediately inform the Lessor of any loss and to immediately forward to the Lessor any letters, summons or notices relating to such loss and to provide full cooperation to the Lessor and the Insurance Company in the investigation and defense of any claims and proceedings.
At the time of the accident or casualty you will take the following measures:
- Not to recognize or prejudge the responsibility of the event, except for the “Amicable Accident Declaration”.
- Obtain complete data from the opposing party, make the “Friendly Accident Declaration” or the “Accident Report”, witnesses, which together with the details of the accident will be sent urgently to the lessor by telephone in the event of a serious accident.
- Immediately notify the authorities if there is guilt on the part of the opposing party.
- Do not abandon the vessel without taking adequate measures to protect and safeguard it.
In case of breach by the lessee of any of these measures, if applicable, the lessor may claim damages from the lessee for damages caused by negligence.
- In case of theft of the vessel, the lessee is obliged to file the corresponding report with the competent authority, handing it over to the lessor.
- Any claim that the lessee may wish to make must be made in writing at the time of return of the boat at the end of the contract. If it is not possible to do so in writing at that time, he/she shall give verbal notice and shall have a period of fifteen days to send the complaint in writing.
- For the solution of any controversy as a consequence of the present contract, the parties submit to the Administrative Authorities and Courts of Palma de Mallorca, the relationship between them being governed by Spanish Law.
In compliance with Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, 1999, on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), you are informed that the personal data requested will be included in the corresponding file, being responsible for it MERAK CHARTER, SL. not being transferred to third parties.
MERAK CHARTER SL reserves the right to update the contents of the website and to remove them, as well as to limit and prevent access, either temporarily or permanently, without prior notice. MERAK CHARTER, SL. reserves the right to modify at any time the offers on the products or prices specified on the website.
It will only be responsible for failures in the booking platform, provided that these prevent the enjoyment of the contracted service.